An unexpected error occurred.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I am receiving and error when selecting the option ‘New from template’. After following the guide twice now and uploading my templates I cannot figure out why this error would be occurring. If anyone has had an issue similar or the same issue as mine and found a workaround, if you could let me know that would be great.

When first selecting the ‘New from template’ selection I am able to choose which folder to retrieve the templates from but afterwards the error occurs.

Edit:

The error I am receiving is:
System.ArgumentException: Title is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table .   
 at System.Data.DataRowView.get_Item(String property)    
 at TemplateLibraryConnector.UI.ThumbNailTemplate.FieldDataBound(Object sender, EventArgs e)    
 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)    
 at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding)    
 at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren()    
 at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding)    
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem)    
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource)    
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)    
 at TemplateLibraryConnector.Selector.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)    
 at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()    
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Aug 19, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I am have the same trouble. As soon as i select a library to get the templates from the dialog page errors out. I wasn't able to get a meaningful error. The error occurs on my desktop development machine running win 2008 - SP 2013.

(ps: Thank for work that has so far gone into this software and the port to 2013)
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:07 AM
In the library that you store your templates, you need to make sure of the following:
1: That you have a view in addition to the default "all documents" view, as the "all documents" view is an administrative view that will be omitted in the Template Selector.
2: You need to make sure that all the views used by the Template Selector has the "Title" column present.

Lownlazy, the SP2013 port has site and list-templates that you should use for creating the site and list to host your templates. Did you use these?
Aug 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Hi KjetilG,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, I'm still having trouble.

I have all the correct views in place which incorporate the column 'Title' but for some reason when I attempt to open this view in the pop-up window of the Template Hub it does not appear. See below.

I have tried using the 'All Template' view as default and also not as the default view in the library I have uploaded the documents too and further even the library I am trying to receive the Templates as a possible workaround.

If you have any idea about this it would be most appreciative.
Aug 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
If you create a new "test" view in the document Library that stores your templates, will it show up in the view selector in the screen above? If not, then you have pointed the Template Selector to a different Library (or site) than the one you are modifying.