Template Hub APP

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Would it be possible to create a version using the APP model to enable deployment to Office 365? Apart from swapping out the server code and files for CSOM and client side pages, do you foresee any other issues with the implementing it?
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM
It would be possible, and it's being considered, but it is a lot of work, so we need a sponsor to make it happen (I don't have the personal time to get it done...)

Some functions have to be considered, such as the timer jobs and event receivers for content type distribution. The thumbnail preview service also have to be rewritten to utilize Office Web Apps instead of fetching the preview from the document using the OfficeXML SDK, as we do today.

Apart from that, the Template Browser window should be no problem, even as a SharePoint hosted App.

Maybe you are up for the task? :)
Apr 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I'm thinking of something simple whereby the Content Type Hub is used still to distribute content types and associated templates if required but also holds your document library. The APP would be just the Template Browser window to find a template based on meta data, preview with Office Web Apps and then start Word, Excel, PowerPoint with the chosen template. This APP would also need to be provider hosted so it can be added to other sites but show content from another site collection i.e. the content type hub.
As approach would significantly different from yours, I separate project referencing this one might be the better.
Jul 28, 2016 at 9:01 AM
Sep 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Could we get the source code for the given app?